Tuesday 22 July 2014

French International becomes a Gunner






Fresh off the signing of Alexis Sánchez, last week welcomed the signing of Mathieu Debuchy.

The 28 Year old has signed for the Gunners, in a £12m deal from Newcastle. The French International is Arsenal second major summer signing. Debuchy will go into a team that has a strong backline, with Mertesacker, Gibbs and Koscielny.

Arsenal's official twitter account broke the news "It's official – Mathieu Debuchy has signed for @Arsenal!"

Debuchy told Arsenal.com "Debuchy told arsenal.com: "I'm very proud to be joining a great club like Arsenal and to wear its colours, it's one of the biggest clubs in the whole world.

"I'm looking forward to working with Arsene Wenger and to helping the team build on last season's FA Cup success. Playing again in the Champions League is a big excitement for me and I will do my best to help Arsenal compete for trophies."

Arsenal's manager Arsène Wenger added "We are delighted to welcome Mathieu Debuchy to Arsenal Football Club.

"He has shown he can perform at the highest level with his club sides and also for France. He is a quality defender who has good Premier League experience and I'm confident he will fit in very well with us."

Arsenal are still in the market for a DM, and a Goalkeeper, however the possibility of a striker looks unlikely. According to Arsène Wenger "Up front we don't need any more, maybe I will still bring in one centre-back. I will bring in a goalkeeper for sure and we are still out there to strengthen our squad".

No comments:

Post a Comment